Sunday, March 15, 2009

...march 15, 2009...

the moon is saying goodbye for
a time
and the sun rises on a
new day.
as i looked around during
my time of quiet-
my thoughts
turn to...
how sometimes, like the winter,
after the snow melts...
we are left exposed.
it's all out there
for everyone to see
our hurts,
our sadness,
our disappointments,
our self doubts.
but then...
something wonderful happens...
we are given a new day,
a day
which offers choices.
do i stay under this covering of
debris that the winter
has left me with.
or do i brush myself off
and allow myself
a new beginning.
a new beginning to plant myself
firmly on this soil
and let myself grow.
let myself be open to the possibilities
that lie ahead.
i can look inside myself,
just as i can see inside
the shell of the yucca plant...
it will be replaced
with new life...
new energy,
new strength,
new inner beauty.
as will you
as will i.
the Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

No comments: