Saturday, October 3, 2009

...of kindness and gathering...

when i was young,
i admired clever people.
now that i'm old,
i admire kind people.
~abraham joshua heschel
agelessness, fulfillment and creativity work so much better when we make connections with others. whether it's service, spending time with people on our wavelength, or reaching out to ask for support. we are pack animals. being with people, asking for help and immersing ourselves in situations where the synergy bounces off like-minds is just evolutionarily correct. and we look our best when we are kind and helping others. it's kind of easy. and the place to begin with kindness is to be kind to yourself.
~the awe-manac: a daily dose of wonder
~jill badonsky
i will show you a love potion without
drug or
herb or
any witch's spell,
if you
wish to be loved.
love.
~hecato
others are gathering over
SSS. please gather with us.
what are you going to do to be kind to yourself today?
just BE.
robin.

19 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Good morning sweet friend...I have to admit, I am kinda looking forward to the quiet still of our first snow, but as soon as the hoards start making tracks, I'm done with it!!!

What wonderful notions you leave us with this AM. I am finally finished with my move and now to concentrate on the biz at hand(soap)...AND the bits and pieces left of my favorite season...summer...

Tanks for the java...hey Tilda...

Crafty Green Poet said...

this is a lovely shadow shot, I really like your frost shots in the previous post too!

Chubby Chieque said...

So vintage! Love the rusty touche and it really touches my heart seeing this. Nostalgic as always. Remembering my dad having this kind of wheels.

TY for always sharing nice things.

hugs...

Sylvia K said...

Thank you for your beautiful words and reminders! And what a delightful shadow shot!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

bobbie said...

I love your wagon wheel shadow. And the wise words.

Martha Z said...

I do like the quote from Heschel, I think it is true of myself except perhaps I still have too much regard for cleverness. In truth, it should be kindness that counts.

I like the shadow, too.

dianasfaria.com said...

this post is so beautiful in every way. thanks for sharing!

Rosebud Collection said...

Beautiful wheel shadow. Bet that wheel could tell a wonderful story.
Happy SSS.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Thank you for a lovely post! Still a WIP for me to learn to just be.

Ralph said...

I enjoy the mixture of the wheel and grasses surrounding interspersed in the shadow. I can almost envision a haywagon of old as the dry bales of hay are loaded on it. Dried grass that is not a perfect green has a simple beauty. A delicate and nice view!

Catherine said...

oooh i like this rural shot...so sweet ans simple

Jonny Hamachi said...

Great Post.
thanks

Hey Harriet said...

A beautiful photo of the old rusty wagon wheel. And the accompanying words, a treat as always. What am I going to do to be kind to myself today? Well I had a huge sleep in this morning. It was lovely! Have a wonderful week :)

Carletta said...

Inspiring words to go with this very lovely shadow shot that is perfect for the season!!

admin said...

Gorgeous! great depth :)

Margaret Gosden said...

Beautifully presented - certainly good shots to
look at and meditate upon.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The old iron wheel
rusts in silence—it does not
complain of its plight.

My Shadow Shot

Quilt Works said...

Great photos! I love the frost.

Evette Mendisabal said...

SO very pretty!