Sunday, February 28, 2010

...2.28.10...

"forever is composed of nows"
~emily dickinson
coffee hour
is this afternoon.
what a busy weekend.
friday night our varsity girls-
which includes daughter sarah-
took the highland conference championship,
beating a tough team,
for the second time this year,
in their house.
very sweet victory!!
then saturday was a day of
basketball for our 6th grade team.
they ended up defeating a team
they have not beat this year...
until yesterday...
in overtime.
relationships
lived fully in the now
are richer and more rewarding:
awareness brings a truer sense
of the value of others
and the time you spend with them,
as well as
clearer communication
and more positive emotions.
~1,001 ways to live in the moment
the time spent,
this weekend,
with friends...
sharing the emotions
and excitement
of our children...
we are very rich indeed.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday evening.
just BE.
robin.

1 comment:

A Wild Thing said...

Congrats kids, how cute are these shots...and proud parents indeed!

We didn't get as warm as they said today, however I did wash sheets and hung them out to dry...funny how clean sheets and quilts makes one sleep like a baby...do I take a chance with a cup of instant cappuccino to warm my fingers...or do I turn the heat up to 61...sure wish I had a wood burner!

Have a great week lil' sister...and of course my friend Tilda! I dug out a different wool sweater today and retired the other favorite one till next year...it's so warm and comfy though...and covered with paint rubs and soy wax and glycerin soap spatters, yet I'm sick to death of looking at it every day, maybe tomorrow I'll look at my old(10 years)friend differently...is it Spring yet, still not warm enough for flannel...that's just wrong!!!

later...s