Sunday, August 7, 2011

...8.7.11...

" I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve."
from Stand By Me

Matthew's thirteenth birthday. Air soft with his buddies. Off on an adventure.







my point is,
there are a lot of people in the world.
 no one ever sees everything the same
way you do;
it just doesn't happen.
so when you find one person who gets a couple of things,
especially if they're important ones...
you might as well hold on to them.
you know?"
— Sarah Dessen

treasuring these times.
soaking in these moments.
one moment at a time.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

The top photo of your (now!) teenage son is poignant for me. My first child, and only son, is 40years old and those carefree days are long gone for him (& me!). I still can picture them,like yesterday, in my mind though. Thanks for the memories! Happy SSS.

Hootin Anni said...

Fantastic array of photos shared. And, happy, happy birthday to the birthday boy...tho, I'm sure it's a belated wish.

HIDDEN SAND DOLLAR ...Happy Monday.

BLOGitse said...

I like Sarah's words...
and your header pic is cool! I like to shoot rusty, broken or 'different' stuff too...

Beverley Baird said...

What a beautiful quote and gorgeous photos!

EG CameraGirl said...

I love how you make common objects look so beautiful.