Sunday, December 18, 2011

...12.18.11...

 perhaps a little chatty today... ;-)













as my birthday draws nearer...
from simple abundance:
a daybook of comfort and joy
by sarah ban breathnach
..."i've reached a point where i'm not really
 big on major birthday gatherings,
but i do need to distinguish the
birth day of my life in special ways from the rest
of the calendar."...
..."so i have created by own birthday ritual
to help me commemorate the year
just past while invoking illumination
for the year to come."
(she talks of the rituals she goes through...
a bath, lighting candles, looking at photographs)
..."next i ask for a birthday gift that
only the Giver of Good can bestow:
to conceive a wonderful new dream or plan:
to realize a dream delayed;
to overcome an old fear
or be released from an old pain;
to experience a new freedom;
to discover a new strength;
to find a new friend;
to achieve a long-sought goal;
to reach toward a new aspiration;
to overcome a new challenge.
i sip a glass of champagne, then slowly open a beautifully wrapped
gift from my authentic self.
and of course,
it's the perfect present."...
..."many people who love you will try,
but no one can celebrate your birthday exactly
the way you need for it
to be observed.
that's because no one really knows the
year you've just completed;
no one else lived it."...
(there are so many wonderful words of wisdom...
but i will leave you with this...)
..."every birthday, not just the ones marking
a new decade, is a significant milestone.
every age brings with it three hundred sixty-five
REAL LIFE lessons.
"we turn, not older with years, but newer every day,"
emily dickinson reassures the birthday girl in all of us.
and that's certainly something
worth celebrating in grand style.
so: happy birthday! happy birthday to you!
i've got a good feeling that this coming year
is going to be your best yet.
Heaven knows you deserve it."

soon.
i will be celebrating forty-seven years.
thanks for spending coffee hour with me.
i look forward,
not to the year to come...
but to day by day.
and to be blessed with moments.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

9 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

I'm just soaking in all the wisdom, beauty, and abundance here. not really much else to say, is there? except happy birthday to you Robin. many happy and serene moments to you.

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Cottage and Broome.' Your photos are lovely, and I was reading on your side bar that your pictures are near and dear to your heart. I really liked that, as the pictures on our blog are special to us also, and most of them have meaning. Me and my daughters started a blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. Your blog is filled with beauty and peace, and I am leaving here on this Sunday with a smile. I hope to hear from you, and Merry Christmas!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Red Rose Alley said...

So sorry, I am mistaken...I saw your blog on 'Forget Me Not.' Have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Arija said...

A very hHappy Birthday to you, yes celebrate each day as it comes, we never know if we get another or if we do, it will never be like today.
Great collection of year-round mugshots but greater expressions of sentiments that follow.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Happy Birthday dear lady! Your post is perfect for each of us...Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
x-Cassie
inamazinggraceland.blogspot.com

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Oops. I forgot to say: The glass "arm" in my photo is actually the head and neck of a crystal swan!

Ricardo Miñana said...

Beautiful lyrics, Christmas is endearing,
Very beautiful pictures,
These days I wish peace and happiness come to your house.
Happy Holidays!.
a hug.

Anonymous said...

Great collection of your coffee cup photos. I own a copy of Sarah Bab Breathnach's, Mrs. Sharp's Traditions that I treasure, and served as a model as to how I not only run my home, but the spirit in which I try to carry in our home. Happy Birthday to you and Merry Christmas!
Cheers,
Leah

icedgurl said...

trekking your amazing blog! keep blogging! happy holidays!

cheers!
...TREK...