Sunday, March 25, 2012

...3.25.12...

manual playing around
 and auto focus.
i have work to do with manual.
perhaps i should take some classes.








that's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity.
 simple can be harder than complex:
 you have to work hard 
to get your thinking clean to make it simple. 
but it's worth it in the end
because once you get there,
 you can move mountains.
steve jobs

my thoughts today.
as i was doing my.
usual Sunday morning thing.
was on focus.
focus in my photography?...
focus on my journey?...
just trying to stay focused.
on my thoughts.
sometimes, is overwhelming.
but.
as i searched.
for what others.
said about focus.
i found this by steve jobs.
because i am.
all about.
just BEing.
his focus and simplicity.
spoke to me.
i get it.
it's the action part that's the hardest.
because.
well.
life.
tries to take the focus.
it is hard sometimes.
to keep focused.
no doubt.
but when you make the choice.
it's oh so worth it.
welcome to coffee hour.
welcome to this Sunday morning.
just BE.
robin.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

manual focus ... I started working with that more just in the past two months. Joined a local camera club in January and manual stressed. You make the photo when you use manual ... all I've been doing is simply using manual 98% of the time ... it just kind of comes to you. You get to know what you like, what settings etc ... I'm kind of glad I've started to learn it. Makes the photos more interesting. Love your blog.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Robin how true is that !
Trying to live simply is one of the hardest things to do .. we are bombarded 24/7 by everything from technology to unhappy people that complain all of the time .. just to get away and find some peace is a monumental task !
Love the pictures ! keep playing with the focus, it looks like fun !!
Joy

Cathy said...

You sound like me...still on that learning curve. sometimes I get it and other times I give up and switch to auto. I bought a book... it has helped. I love what you do here by the way. Love your writing and your photos.