Wednesday, May 29, 2013

...week six of 52 photos project...




“I used to think when I was younger and writing that each idea had a certain shape and when I started to study Greek and I found the word morphe it was for me just the right word for that, unlike the word shape in English which falls a bit short morphe in greek means the sort of plastic contours that an idea has inside you, all your senses when you grasp it the first moment and it always seemed to me that a work should play out that same contour in its form. So I can’t start writing something down til I get a sense of that, that morphe. And then it unfolds, I wouldn’t say naturally, but it unfolds gropingly by keeping only to the contours of that form whatever it is.” 

this week.
week six.
i like to find quotes.
inspirational pieces.
etc.
that go along with the theme of my photos.
i rather like this one. 
join us at the link above.
for {uncommon shapes}.
enjoy your moments.
just BE.
robin.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially like that first one. I can't quite figure out why it appeals to me so much, but it does. Beautiful examples, all of them.

Katrin said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the combination of those three photos and their colors. Would make a nice tryptichon, too!

Miriam said...

All your shapes are beautiful, I particularly like that you show them B&W

MyMaracas said...

That pottery shape is wonderfully sensuous. I love the text you've chosen too, of the shapes of thoughts and works. I've enjoyed visiting here today!

Lynne Wilson said...

I'm totally in love with black and whites lately and your are all simply beautiful!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

I like them all ... but looking at the second picture my imagination can wander! So nice.

Leovi said...

Wonderful pictures full of poetry, wonderful B & W!

Meghana Hassan said...

your picture speaks a lot...

Anonymous said...

Great! Always nice to see black and white in the mix. Second is my favorite!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You captured some amazing shapes. Blessings!

Karen Lakis said...

You found some really interesting shapes, and I love the way you captured them in black and white.

Prairie Jill said...

Great shapes! I love the use of b&w - it really emphasizes the shape.

annie said...

Love the shapes and the quote that goes along with them!

Elsie said...

I like that shape of the pot and the rest too, but the first one realy hits me.