Friday, December 22, 2017

...just BE. i remember...




I remember him standing there like a break in the mist, 
{or the shadow under old trees}
 & I wish I had known then it is the place 
we cannot go
 that needs our touch most...
Storypeople

i love trees.
an obsession, if you will.
this tree.
met me every day on my way to and from work.
no matter what my mood.
i would see her treetop.
in the horizon.
i would know i would be seeing my friend soon.
no matter what my mood.
i would pause.
become present in the moment.
and smile.
and say good morning to my friend.
no matter what my mood.
she would make my heart light.
a couple of weeks ago.
there was a "men working" sign out.
they were working on a tree.
on the side of the road.
not my tree!!
"no."
this one is much smaller.
i thought.
i've driven back and forth now.
for several weeks.
thinking...
i've been so preoccupied with wedding stuff,
Christmas, life.
i must have missed my tree.
but yesterday.
i realized...
this stump.
was her.
she is gone.
and i am very, very sad for her.
very sad for me.
my light. my just BE.
is gone.
yet.
i am grateful.
grateful.
i took her photo.
so that she can proudly stand again.
and i can see her in my mind's eye.
When I die, she said, I’m coming back as a tree with deep roots & I’ll wave my leaves at the children every morning on their way to school & whisper tree songs at night in their dreams. Trees with deep roots know about the things children need... ~Storypeople
thank you, dear tree, for always.
making my day brighter.
and my heart lighter.
thank you for helping me.
to...
just BE.
robin. 

i hope you will join me.
today and every friday.
join me in this space to.
just BE.
shake off the ugly.
bask in the moments.
breathe in the truth.
and beauty.
that is there.
if you just look.

thanks for joining me.
invite your friends...
let's make the movement to
just BE.




1 comment:

Klara S said...

Thank you for hosting.
Merry Christmas and All the Best.